Friday, 16 November 2012

Parkland Walk (2)

The second lot of images from my recent Parkland Walk.

The rivers are very muddy looking which has been caused by the excessive rainfall.



Another couple of sleeping Woodies.




A low flying male Mallard




A pair of Coots involved in some mutual preening?



A Common Gull in Winter plumage.


A feasting Blackbird enjoying Haw Berries.



A small herd of cattle have been put out in one of the Parkland meadows. This will reduce the grass height and maybe we will get to see some feeding Snipe.



A freak and unclear shot of a Black-headed Gull grabbing a fly in flight.


What can only be described as ice cold sky.




14 comments:

  1. Brilliant action capture of the gull with a fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyable series Roy (and loved your poppy header), but that 'freak' shot of the gull is pretty special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another enjoyable couple of posts Roy with excellent photos as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Roy...Like the Blackbird with the berries,birds and berries make nice images! : )
    How about that catch in flight you got, did the gull get his !!
    Very lucky one that was : )
    Like the puffed up Woodie, and of course,cattle!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GG, I don't know if the gull got it, I didn't even know the fly was there until I uploaded the image on to my Mac.{:)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for taking me along on your walk. Love the photos. Looks like kissing coots to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn, your welcome. {:)

      Delete
  6. Another lovely set of shots Roy! What a shame the bird eating the berries isn't a Waxwing, with the sun out, that would have been a corker! ;)
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I know your rubbing it in now arn't you. {:)
      Just because you have seen some already.{:))

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed both parts of your walk Roy and you have a lovely series of photos. The squirrel made me laugh on the first part, they always seem to think they can act invisible :-) The ’freak' gull shot was great on this part and it made a change to see a couple of Coots that weren't scrapping with each other! The Blackbird looked pretty with the berries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I'm sure the coots will start soon though.{:))

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.